The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Veil or Not to Veil
There is a verse in a different chapter of Isaiah where something "comes out of Zion", but I doubt Paul is referring to that verse as it says -

Isaiah 2:3 - And many peoples shall go, and they shall say, "Come, let us go up to the Lord's mount, to the house of the God of Jacob, and let Him teach us of His ways, and we will go in His paths," for out of Zion shall the Torah come forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

That doesn't line up with what Paul is saying about the law.
Let's talk about the oven at Aknai. (Sorry for the delay in getting back here and Shabbat is going to interrupt me one more time.)
בקש שלום ורדפהו
I don't see how my first sentence in the opening post is mistreating someone.
(04-09-2021, 03:10 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: There is a verse in a different chapter of Isaiah where something "comes out of Zion", but I doubt Paul is referring to that verse as it says -

Isaiah 2:3 - And many peoples shall go, and they shall say, "Come, let us go up to the Lord's mount, to the house of the God of Jacob, and let Him teach us of His ways, and we will go in His paths," for out of Zion shall the Torah come forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

That doesn't line up with what Paul is saying about the law.

It would be nice to ask Paul if he were still around. John refers to Jesus as to the word (John 1:1), so perhaps Paul was thinking of Isaiah 2:3. 

On the other hand, as I understand it, the Isaiah text describes a time that is yet to come. Verse 4b: "they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift the sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." Sadly, we are still building bombs and weapons.