The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah 53 Verse 10
Good to see you post, Jason.  Indeed, how are you??

I had left a question in the comments section on your Weingreen exercise 10,  that you were discussing in your class.  Sentence five.  Only when you get some time of course.  I've enjoyed following along when time allows.  I hope you are doing well.
(04-10-2024, 06:14 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 05:00 PM)ThomasDGW Wrote: Listen, Praise, you need to be better grounded in both the old testament and the new testament. It is dangerous to claim to speak the truth, yet to be uncertain of how you know it is the truth. And if it is the truth, why don't you want to convince others? Is this truth you speak of unimportant?

What a change since you introduced yourself. It seemed to me that you were quite confused about being a Christian, now you are teaching others.

Apparently, you have some kind of filter through which you read my introduction. After giving a brief history of my times of confusion, I stated clearly, "my doubts were cleared up by a coherent message found in the text of both the NT and the Hebrew Bible." and " I now have multiple, serious differences of doctrines with all branches of Christianity." and "I quit attending..."

How on earth could you think that I introduced myself as being confused about being a Christian?

I described myself as "wandering in the wilderness". Maybe that was the only thing you read, and thought that meant confused. No, what I meant was that I am roundly rejected by both Christians and Jews, so that I have no home.

I have found that Jews and Christians will put up with any statements of any belief, as long as the person is somewhat unsure about his belief. I said basically the same things in other posts here that I said in my deleted post, but this time in the context of addressing an unsure Christian, I got a bit more direct, and now it has suddenly become preaching and proselytizing. I was told to do better. That means start acting like I am unsure. Hmmm. I am unsure if I can portray an attitude of unsureness.
(04-11-2024, 01:12 AM)ThomasDGW Wrote: No, what I meant was that I am roundly rejected by both Christians and Jews, so that I have no home.

I have found that Jews and Christians will put up with any statements of any belief, as long as the person is somewhat unsure about his belief.

Firstly, I don't like the brutal way you lecture others. Have you heard the expression: Jemanden mit der Bibelkeule erschlagen. In English: Kill someone with a Bible club. Sometimes people who do this have something to hide.

Secondly, it's the way you pity yourself. You may ask yourself why Christians and Jews do reject you. I give you a hint: it is not because they want you to be unsure about your belief. (I'm still not sure that you are sure about your belief. see 1 Corinthians 8:2 - And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.)

Thirdly, I found the way you spoke about Jews arrogant, especially since you were ostensibly speaking to another Christian, knowing full well that this is a Jewish forum.
(04-11-2024, 01:50 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 01:12 AM)ThomasDGW Wrote: No, what I meant was that I am roundly rejected by both Christians and Jews, so that I have no home.

I have found that Jews and Christians will put up with any statements of any belief, as long as the person is somewhat unsure about his belief.

Firstly, I don't like the brutal way you lecture others. Have you heard the expression: Jemanden mit der Bibelkeule erschlagen. In English: Kill someone with a Bible club. Sometimes people who do this have something to hide.

Secondly, it's the way you pity yourself. You may ask yourself why Christians and Jews do reject you. I give you a hint: it is not because they want you to be unsure about your belief. (I'm still not sure that you are sure about your belief. see 1 Corinthians 8:2 - And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.)

Thirdly, I found the way you spoke about Jews arrogant, especially since you were ostensibly speaking to another Christian, knowing full well that this is a Jewish forum.

It is clear now that you read through a filter that adds as well as subtracts things.
I see, Thomas. Churches and the rabbis as well as the Talmud do filter, and I do, too. I'm so very happy that I've found someone in you who can enlighten me and show me the world and the word how it really is. Surely all the other stupid people will finally recognize their chance as well. (I hope that you are able to see the touch of irony)

I learned that from your introduction:

The reason they allowed me to preach in the church was that they were filtering everything I said, like they filter their reading of the NT. I quit attending at that time.

But it seems that the rabbis and the Talmud have done a similar filtering process to the Hebrew Bible, so I am not about to convert to Judaism at this time. So, I feel like I am wandering in the wilderness. So, I wandered back here. I hope I can reestablish some communication.
1 Corinthians 8:2 - And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

This at first sounds like Socrates saying the only thing he knows is that he knows nothing. (And how did he come to know that? His wife told him.)

However, there is a translation problem here. The first "knoweth" is from the Greek word, "eido" which means to perceive through seeing. The second "knoweth" is from the Greek word "ginosko" which means to understand. Also, the previous verse says that knowledge puffs up. So, this verse is a rebuke to the person who thinks that he is able to perceive the nature of things through seeing them. That person doesn't fully understand things. But 8:1 affirms that some do have knowledge.