The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jaihare/thehebrewcafe.com/forum/inc/languages/english/replyban.lang.php:1) - Line: 1939 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1939 header
/inc/functions.php 2009 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 665 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jaihare/thehebrewcafe.com/forum/inc/languages/english/replyban.lang.php:1) - Line: 1939 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1939 header
/inc/functions.php 2009 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 665 mark_thread_read




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Books by Former Christians
#31
(06-11-2021, 05:04 AM)Ismq wrote: I have a piano and guitar.i can play drums,kettledrum,conga,bass.

Wow, sounds like you are very musically inclined!

We should all get together and jam one day!!
Reply
#32
(06-11-2021, 02:08 PM)searchinmyroots wrote:
(06-11-2021, 05:04 AM)Ismq wrote: I have a piano and guitar.i can play drums,kettledrum,conga,bass.

Wow, sounds like you are very musically inclined!

We should all get together and jam one day!!

That would be wonderful!
Reply
#33
(06-11-2021, 02:07 AM)searchinmyroots wrote:
(06-08-2021, 07:18 PM)Blue Bird wrote:
(06-08-2021, 06:40 PM)Jason wrote: Well, maybe what is today called the Septuagint is a Christian creation aimed at supporting Christianity, but not the Hebrew text.

As far as I know, most of the Septuagint was completed several years before Christ.

(06-10-2021, 10:24 PM)Blue Bird wrote:
(06-10-2021, 09:21 PM)searchinmyroots wrote: I found this using a capo - https://thejewishchords.com/adon-olam

I have 2 electrics and 1 acoustic.


You like music too, hm?

I don't use a capo, I take the finger for the barre handles. Therefore I prefer the chords, so my finger can relax sometimes. 

First I am busy learning the Hebrew text. When the speed increases my tongue gets a knot.

I've never used a capo either but am thinking I should for some songs. Not sure what you mean by "take the finger for the barre handles".

I thought all a capo did was move up the chord to the next position.

I don't know how to explain in English. I use the index finger across the fingerbord instead of a capo if I change the keys. Many guitar grips can be played without the finger across the whole board but with only two or 3 sides pressed down. That's easier for the index finger then. 

Do understand what I mean?
Reply
#34
When I use my index finger across the fretboard it is usually for a bar chord.

I thought a capo moves things up a key. So if I use that same bar chord it is in a different key on the same place of the fretboard.

Am I confusing us now????

This might help explain it -

Reply
#35
Quote:When I use my index finger across the fretboard it is usually for a bar chord.

I thought a capo moves things up a key. So if I use that same bar chord it is in a different key on the same place of the fretboard.

Am I confusing us now????

This might help explain it -



Thank you for the video. I know what a capo does, but I wasn't sure how the cords with the capo are written on the paper (always the same - only that you play it higher, or G major then Gis, A, Ais etc.), that caused my confusion. But viewed from a distance, there isn't a problem anymore as the key can be tranferred easily.

Everything is all right, I'm making progress with the text and we will see which key is best.
Reply
#36
Sorry Bluebird, didn't mean to minimize your knowledge of music, just wanted to make sure I understood it myself as well!

It is pretty straight forward what a capo does, but using it correctly does seem to require some learning and practice.

None of which I have done as I have never used a capo!
Reply
#37
(06-13-2021, 02:58 PM)searchinmyroots wrote: Sorry Bluebird, didn't mean to minimize your knowledge of music, just wanted to make sure I understood it myself as well!

It is pretty straight forward what a capo does, but using it correctly does seem to require some learning and practice.

None of which I have done as I have never used a capo!

I saw a friend play with a capo once. He handled it very quickly and throughout his song. It looked like a science in itself. 

Yeah, today I sang the song for the first time. I think it is my new favorite.
Reply
#38
(06-13-2021, 03:36 PM)Blue Bird wrote:
(06-13-2021, 02:58 PM)searchinmyroots wrote: Sorry Bluebird, didn't mean to minimize your knowledge of music, just wanted to make sure I understood it myself as well!

It is pretty straight forward what a capo does, but using it correctly does seem to require some learning and practice.

None of which I have done as I have never used a capo!

I saw a friend play with a capo once. He handled it very quickly and throughout his song. It looked like a science in itself. 

Yeah, today I sang the song for the first time. I think it is my new favorite.

That's great Bluebird!

Wonderful song with wonderful lyrics.

I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)