The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the prophecies of old testament?
(07-07-2020, 08:45 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:44 PM)Ismq Wrote: Yes.but among others jewish translations of passages of the bible what about the translation of psalms 110:4?

So you agree that the Jewish people know their own language, correct?

What about Psalm 110:4?

We're talking of jewish translations of passages of the bible.Psalms 110:1,110:4,genesis 3:15 are hold by christians that those point to jesus.what then,do you think of these cites?
(07-08-2020, 04:22 AM)Ismq Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:44 PM)Ismq Wrote: Yes.but among others jewish translations of passages of the bible what about the translation of psalms 110:4?

We're talking of jewish translations of passages of the bible.Psalms 110:1,110:4,genesis 3:15 are hold by christians that those point to jesus.what then,do you think of these cites?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Why would I or anyone else refer to a Christian translation to understand the Hebrew bible?

Would you ask a Chinese person to translate something written by Native Americans? Or would you ask the Native American to translate it as best they could to a language you understand?
(06-30-2020, 09:25 PM)Ismq Wrote: How the judaism explain the phropecies about jesus?e.g isaiah 53: 3-12.

(07-02-2020, 10:27 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I just read your post again and I see you made some revisions.

So yes, the servant was rejected.

Yes, the servant would not open his mouth.

No, nothing about crucified with criminals, where does it say that?

No, nothing about being a sacrifice for sin, where does it say that?

You cannot take a line here and there and understand the content unless you read and understand the whole of what is written.

Since I answered your questions, maybe you can answer mine -

Did Jesus have many deaths?

Is Jesus in the plural?

Was Jesus wounded from the sin of others and by his knowledge we are justified?

Was Jesus guilty of sin?

All of this is clearly written in Isaiah 53. If just one of the answers is no, then it cannot apply to Jesus.

(07-03-2020, 05:41 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 04:39 PM)George Wrote: It is documented with the thoughts of Jewish Rabbis.

As I mentioned previously, unless you understand the whole of what was written in it's entirety, then just quoting some lines here and there have no meaning.

I'm not sure why Christians quote the rabbi's, unless of course it seems to be for their agenda. 

Do you know some of those same rabbi's adamantly reject the thought that Jesus was the awaited Jewish messiah?

So quote the rabbi's when it looks like Jesus but dismiss them when they say he wasn't the messiah.

If all you wrote that was quoted makes it so clear that Isaiah 53 is speaking about Jesus, why didn't the rabbi's who wrote those quotes agree?

(07-08-2020, 12:37 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

Why would I or anyone else refer to a Christian translation to understand the Hebrew bible?

Would you ask a Chinese person to translate something written by Native Americans? Or would you ask the Native American to translate it as best they could to a language you understand?

I would want another Native American to translate it as well; after all, the first one could have mistranslated it.  Also, if the Chinese person understood the "something" it would be interesting to compare the two somethings.

With the Hebrew Bible I would want more than one translation from people who understood the language.
(07-08-2020, 07:23 PM)George Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 09:25 PM)Ismq Wrote: How the judaism explain the phropecies about jesus?e.g isaiah 53: 3-12.

(07-02-2020, 10:27 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I just read your post again and I see you made some revisions.

So yes, the servant was rejected.

Yes, the servant would not open his mouth.

No, nothing about crucified with criminals, where does it say that?

No, nothing about being a sacrifice for sin, where does it say that?

You cannot take a line here and there and understand the content unless you read and understand the whole of what is written.

Since I answered your questions, maybe you can answer mine -

Did Jesus have many deaths?

Is Jesus in the plural?

Was Jesus wounded from the sin of others and by his knowledge we are justified?

Was Jesus guilty of sin?

All of this is clearly written in Isaiah 53. If just one of the answers is no, then it cannot apply to Jesus.

(07-03-2020, 05:41 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 04:39 PM)George Wrote: It is documented with the thoughts of Jewish Rabbis.

As I mentioned previously, unless you understand the whole of what was written in it's entirety, then just quoting some lines here and there have no meaning.

I'm not sure why Christians quote the rabbi's, unless of course it seems to be for their agenda. 

Do you know some of those same rabbi's adamantly reject the thought that Jesus was the awaited Jewish messiah?

So quote the rabbi's when it looks like Jesus but dismiss them when they say he wasn't the messiah.

If all you wrote that was quoted makes it so clear that Isaiah 53 is speaking about Jesus, why didn't the rabbi's who wrote those quotes agree?

(07-08-2020, 12:37 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

I would want another Native American to translate it as well; after all, the first one could have mistranslated it.  Also, if the Chinese person understood the "something" it would be interesting to compare the two somethings.

With the Hebrew Bible I would want more than one translation from people who understood the language.
But have you investigate "by yourself"?
(07-08-2020, 07:23 PM)George Wrote: I would want another Native American to translate it as well; after all, the first one could have mistranslated it.  Also, if the Chinese person understood the "something" it would be interesting to compare the two somethings.

That's precisely what they did in the Talmud.

If you ever studied with a Rabbi you would see this is the norm.
(07-08-2020, 07:45 PM)Ismq Wrote: But have you investigate "by yourself"?

I do not know the Hebrew language and rely on those who do.

Since the Torah was given to the Jewish people and G-d tells us in the Torah to listen to what the elders say, that's good enough for me!
(07-07-2020, 08:56 PM)aaronbenjamin Wrote: Hi, I wanted to start a new thread but was unable to figure out how that is done.  I have a question about bowing down to other people.  I realize that Mordechai refused to bow to Haman in the Purim story so we learn that bowing to an idol is forbidden.  On the other hand, we see that in Genesis 18:2 Abraham bowed before the Arabs who were approaching him.  Bereshis 18:2  "And he lifted his eyes and saw, and behold, three men were standing beside him, and he saw and he ran toward them from the entrance of the tent, and he prostrated himself to the ground."  Can we infer from this that it is permissible to bow to a person as long as they are not presenting themself as an idol for worship?

Arabs? They were angels. I don't think that angels are Arabs.